How can I determine if I found a Ranger bug?

Started by Bryan Clark, December 14, 2009, 03:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Clark

Your application uses the Ranger software.  Ranger uses the scanner manufacturer's scanner interface software.  You can determine the source of most problems by running the appropriate diagnostic application for each of these software components.

NOTE: Remember to configure each diagnostic program to use the scanner features that you are using in your application.

Run your tests in this order:
  1. Run the Scanner manufacturer's test application(s).
  2. Each scanner manufacturer provides one or more test applications that can be used to exercise their devices.  Contact the scanner manufacturer or our support group (support@sbullet.com) if you need help finding the diagnostic application for you scanner.

If the problem occurs when running the scanner's diagnostic application(s), then contact the scanner manufacturer's technical support group.  The most common sources of problems at this level are:

• The scanner is not turned on.
    • The scanner's power or USB cable is not plugged in correctly.
    • The scanner software is not installed.
    • There is a problem with the scanner hardware.
    • There is a bug in the scanner software.

3. Run the Ranger Flex application.  
  4. If the tests above run correctly and you are able to reproduce the problem using Ranger Flex, then the problem is likely due to a Ranger bug.

This article explains how to report a Ranger bug: "How do I report a Ranger bug?"

5. Run your application.
  6. If the problem is present when running your application but the applications above run normally, then the bug is probably in your application.

Ranger® - The universal check scanner interface
Copyright © 2009 Silver Bullet Technology
www.sbullet.com